The President of the Office of Electronic Communications is a regulatory authority responsible for telecommunications and postal activities, frequency resources management and compliance with criteria relating to electromagnetic compatibility.
Main tasks of the President of UKE:
- regulation, analysis and monitoring of the telecommunications market,
- regulation and control of radio spectrum,
- regulation of numbering resources,
- regulation and control of electromagnetic compatibility,
- regulation, analysis and monitoring of the postal market.
The President of UKE is appointed by the Sejm with the Senate’s consent at the request of the Prime Minister. The term of office is 5 years.
Our Mission is to provide citizens with access to modern telecommunications and postal services in a developing market and dynamic international environment.
Our Vision is to act as an impartial, professional and credible moderator of market developments, working with understanding of societal needs and rules of the business sector functioning.